RECIPE: CHICKEN WITH ROASTED TOMATOES
“The roasted tomatoes in this dish are absolutely delicious! ”
Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes
170g cherry tomatoes
2 tsp olive oil
½ tbsp. herbs de Provence (you could also substitute for mixed herbs)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
140g chicken breast
1 tbsp. brown onion, finely chopped
½ tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. tarragon
20g wild rice
1. Cook wild rice according to packet instructions.
2. Preheat oven to 230°C. Combine tomatoes with the herbs de Provence and half of the olive oil and in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place tomatoes in an baking dish and transfer to the oven. Roast tomatoes for 15 minutes, stirring them halfway through the cooking time. Transfer tomatoes to a bowl and drizzle with Worcestershire sauce.
3. While tomatoes are cooking, heat remaining olive oil in an ovenproof frypan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to the oven and roast for 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a cutting board.
4. Retain the chicken juices in the frypan and place fry pan over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar. Then add tomatoes and their juices and simmer for 1 minute.
5. Slice chicken and place it on a plate. Spoon the tomato and onion mixture over the top and garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with wild rice on the side.
373 calories, 12g fat, 21g carbohydrate, 34g protein.
This recipe is designed for Curves Complete Phases 1 and 2. For Phase 3, enjoy a side salad with your meal.