Enhance your workouts with My Active Life Protein Range
Welcome to My Active Life! The My Active Life products are designed to complement the Curves workout and Curves Complete meal plan.
The new My Active Life products are available to buy from your Curves Club now.
About the products
There are 3 types of products in the range:
- 30g Protein Snack Bars
- 40g Protein Bars
- 500g Protein Shakes
The 30g Protein Snack Bars contain protein from both soy and whey sources. They come in 2 delicious flavours – Choc Caramel and Choc Cherry.
- Dietary fibre combined with protein enhances satiety (the feeling of being full)
- Only 100 calories (approx. 450kJ)
- Snack sized convenience
- Low in sugar, saturated fat and sodium
The 40g Protein Bars are more substantial and ideal for eating on the go, supporting weight loss goals and post exercise muscle recovery. The 40g Protein Bars are available in 2 flavours – Nut Crunch and Super Berry.
- Good source of high-quality protein from whey and nuts
- ‘Natural’ appeal, healthy ingredients
- Free from high intensity artificial sweeteners
- Dietary fibre from natural sources from nuts and inulin (Super Berry only)
- Good ratio of unsaturated fats and low saturated fat.
- Low in sodium
The 500g Protein Shakes
The 500g Protein Shakes are available in 2 delicious flavours – Creamy Vanilla and Rich Chocolate.
- 20g of whey protein per serve
- A range of essential nutrients and amino acids
- 25% Daily Intake of 18 Vitamins and Minerals
- Assists with muscle development and recovery
- 16 serves per packContain magnesium, zinc, selenium and vitamins B3 & E
Benefits of Consuming Protein
What is protein?
Protein is a macronutrient found in food and is one of the body’s building blocks for muscle, bone, skin, and other tissues. The ultimate fill-me-up food; it’s satisfying and helps keep you feeling full for longer!
Why do I need protein?
Protein is made up of 20 amino acids; some of which are made by the body while others are essential through diet. Protein can help you shed those unwanted kilos by making you feel full and satisfied. It also helps preserve muscle and encourages fat burning, even after exercise.
How does protein affect weight loss?
Protein is the most satiating of all the macronutrients, helping you to feel full for longer and supporting your weight loss goals. Protein also helps your body preserve muscle during weight loss.
Why is protein important after working out?
Providing your body with protein after exercise gives muscles the fuel and nutrients needed for growth and repair. Research shows the best time to deliver protein is within 1 hour following exercise. A My Active Life protein bar or shake is the perfect after-work out fuel.
Why is snacking with protein beneficial?
While mindless snacking can expand your waistline, smart snacking may do just the opposite. Eating several small meals and snacks can help to control hunger and assist in weight loss. Snacking helps keep your metabolism in high gear, especially if the snacks are protein-rich!
Will a high protein diet affect intake of other important foods?
It is important to ensure that with a high protein diet you are still consuming a balanced diet with a wide variety of nutritious foods, plenty of fruit and vegetables plus a good intake of fluid every day.